New Posts

Friday, September 21, 2012

iOS 6 Issue List

iOS6 Issues
I'm starting a list of issues I'm having with Apple's latest iOS update.

This is an iPad 2.

iOS 6 Official download.

I want to point out there's several things I like about the update, and this list will not include the lack of certain features in the release for iPad 2 that exist for the iPhone5 and iPad 3 such as Siri.
This is going to be a list of issues I'm having, with the release as is, and the included features.
I'll update the post with more issues as I encounter, and also solutions to the problems also as i find them.
1. Apple Maps. O.k. I'll cheat on this one but not really because it really isn;t in any release. Lack of Street View:.

As an avid user of Google Maps before, the lack of street view in the new Apple Maps app is quite jarring and sorely missed. This feature really needs to exist very soon. Or hopefully Google will release a new version of Google Maps to the App Store for download. As cool as Fly-through is for the cities that have it, its a gimmick, and not very useful when looking for an address.
2. iTunes: It may be just me, but the iTunes store is pathetically slow now, and keeps saying it can't connect. Loading image tiles in any section takes ages, and search is almost unusable.
Apparently there is a strange fix for this that gets rid of the "Cannot connect to iTunes store" popup. But not the slowness.
Go to Settings > General -> Date & Time, and set the date to one year ahead. You'll get a couple of notices about backups, and the same dreaded popup message. When that happens cancel it, and set the clock back the the correct date. The annoying popup should go away once you log on to the store successfully the next time.
Search is still very slow though, and the image loading inside iTunes still has issues. Before you comment about my internet connection,I actually downloaded a Movie rental from iTunes and it finished in about 25 minutes. Though it did take a while to get started, and even failed the first time. Though once it started it downloaded really fast, and with no other issues.
iPad iTunes
3. Internet connectivity issues. Seems the iPad is having some issues accessing the internet. Now my PC has no issues, and connects fine to my router, and the iPad had no issues before the upgrade. So something in iOS 6 is not liking my router or takes a while to negotiate the connection. It happens in quite a few apps. Most notably... Facebook.
Well that's it for now. I'll update as i keep using it, and having issues with it of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment